Tuesday, April 24, 2012

infertile me?

Oh Heck. I think I just got my period. I am in work and went to the loo and seem to have a little red mucusy discharge. Here's hoping it is my period and not implantation bleeding. My sex life is in decline but it does happen and lately I have been worrying about it because I haven't sorted out any contraception because i am barren. Heck! I have just about decided that I am fine with one child and that two would be far too hard financially and emotionally. I need sleep for a start.

So... it took me two years and a round of IVF to get pregnant and I have basically accepted that I am infertile and lately I have thought a lot about if I want another child. I came to the conclusion that I don't. I am happy with one; the one I never thought I would have. Aside from the financial and the emotional I just don't think I can cope with the whole introducing the idea of a sibling thing. I have seen so many friends and family deal with it and I think it would stress me out. There are lots of good reasons to have a sibling but I don't know I can go through the whole birth thing again.

No comments: