Wednesday, August 10, 2011

maternity leave draws to a close.

A little about B I think. He is not here at the moment and the house is so quiet. My mum has started coming over, picking him up and driving him to her house about 4-5 miles away. It's so he can get used to being with her before I start leaving him one day a week when I go back to work in September. This is his slecond long stay and he will be there about 5 hours. Last time he loved it so I really shouldn't worry but it is scary him not being here. I have loads to do so I can fill the time quite easily but part of me is always thinking 'I wonder if he's ok without me'.

My main job today is to put the cot up. He has never spent a night in a cot or crib because we have been co-sleeping but a few days ago he managed to pull himself right up onto the bed-guard and he's crawling about so much that we think he may have to go into the cot, at least for day time naps. It is quite scary how fast he has gone from sitting to crawling and now to puling himself up on things. I had thought that as he is a boy he might not do this for a while - they say boys are later developers - but I didn't even get much of a 'plonk him down in a sitting position while I wash up' stage. I posted on Mumsnet on 16th July about his crawling, asking if it was normal for babies to push right up on their toes with their bum in the air and how long it would be before he might crawl. Well the answer for B was about 2 weeks as he first crawled at my brother's house at the very end of July. Last time he went to my mum's I babyproofed the sitting room although we are definitely going to have to do something to secure the TV and to cover the buttons on the games consoles/dvd player etc. He has an obsession with crawling to the X-box and touching the button so it goes 'bing'. Well who wouldn't?



I am back in work on 19th September and so I am trying to enjoy as much time doing fun things with B. We have been to the park a lot because of the good weather. he's also spent a bit more time with other babies and children lately so hopefully he won't feel so overwhelemd at nursery. he is going to go for 4 days but my mum said recently that she might have him for 2 days if the one day works out ok. He does love it there and loves my mum's partner B too.

                                                           Here are some recent photos:

                                                            

                                               With Elen who was born the same day.
                                                             Me and Bob


No comments: