Monday, August 15, 2011

Episiotomy

I looked at my scar last night, for the first time.I didn't want to look at it for ages because it felt awful and it represented all the things that went 'wrong' in my labour. Sometimes I think if Bob hadn't been in Neo-Natal, giving me something else to worry about, I might have found it harder to accept he way my labour went. It wasn't supposed to be the way it was but I am so grateful to have a healthy child that it feels wrong to complain or get upset. I do get upset of course but I never complain. I think a lot about getting hold of my maternity notes but never enough to actually request them, though I did a half-arsed search on the internet for information on how to go about getting them. Ho hum.

Anyway, it doesn't look too bad. The scar.




No comments: