Saturday, June 04, 2011

Baby Led Weaning

Wow... It's been ages since I blogged last. Everything is going well here; B is now 24 weeks-ish and today we gave him a little bit of food to try for the first time. It was strange watching him taste it all as he's only had breastmilk up to now. It felt kind of wrong. We're doing Baby Led Weaning and it's a bit scary because he did gag a couple of times. totally normal but scary. I don't want to be the panicking mum bit it's really hard not to want to leap up and grab the food out of his mouth!

I have sorted out his Creche place, he will be going Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and mum will be having him on Wednesdays. There was a moment when I thought he might not have a place but we managed to sort it out. Plan is I will go back to work Mid-September though I will be taking holiday too.

My sister is pregnant again, fourth time in just over a year. I really hope it works out for her but she is freaking out which is really not surprising given that she has miscarried so many times. She is being really really negative, again very natural. I just wish she could stop stressing about the stuff which hasn't happened yet. Like how will she survive on maternity leave and so on.

SIL had a baby boy towards the end of March. 
I am still co-sleeping, still breastfeeding. D and I are doing fine even though at times it is stressful and I often feel like I am doing most of the hard work. This will change when I finally get B onto a cup and he's less reliant on my breasts. He is a wonderful child. I am sure all parents say that but he really honestly is so chilled most of the time, a really easy baby. He doesn't 'sleep through' but he does go right back to sleep after a night feed. He doesn't 'self settle' but will be rocked to sleep easily and in minutes. I know for a lot of people the aim is to get babies to a stage where they can be left to their own devices but you know what, I like hugs and I like singing to him and I don't want to stop co-sleeping so I am doing what I feel is right for me. It'll all even out in the end.

I got my Glastonbury ticket today and will be there in 3 weeks with B. Can't wait, just hope it is sunny.









1 comment:

tireegal68 said...

Aw, cute pics! You both look adorable!
Glad you are doing so well!
We are doing baby led weaning and it was hard at first when she was just throwing food around or getting it all over, but some of it is going into her tummy now. I have pulled food out of her mouth a few times if I thought she couldn't cope with it, or it got stuck, but other than that, it's going well!
And yeah, of course we want to spend quality hug and cuddle time with our babies! I like it now that Isobel can play a little by herself, but apart from that, we are almost constant companions!