Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I am not a failure

Even if I do fail to get myself out of bed before 11am, actually 11am is pretty good going in my opinion. So what if I failed to make it to the NCT meet today because I was stuck on the back seat of my car just yards away from the cafe feeding a miserable baby while the rain lashed down and the windows steamed up.

B is cluster feeding like crazy and it's hard going, though he is basically a very chilled out baby and breastfeeding has, so far, been a doddle. He gulps his milk down though, which causes wind and discomfort for him. The health visitor suggests we bath him at night and chill him out with massage and low lighting which works for a while but usually by midnight he is back to fussing. Once he has a feed at about 2am he is pretty chilled out and will sleep for 3 - 4 hours. I really shouldn't complain but I can't wait for this bit to be over!

No comments: