Friday, December 03, 2010

The Due date cometh!

It's just over a week until my due date; I am still really hoping that the baby comes late - very late. I went shopping with Lis today and while looking at pretty stuff in Homesense I came over all funny. I am not sure if perhaps it was braxton hicks or if I was just needing the loo. So I went to the nearest toilet and after that was fine. It's strange not knowing what to expect and not knowing when it will happen. I am definitely not fixating on the due datebut I am worried that the baby might come early.

I am feeling fine, I little more weighty in the pelvic area and a little more tired but OK. I find it harder to get out of bed now, I have to roll and shuffle. I also have heartburn quite a lot too. Apparently giving birth is an instant cure so I am looking forward to that. We have had a bit of snow but none that has settled. Apparently it's quite bad in some areas but we have had nothing to write about. I hope it stays away as I really do need to be able to get to hospital. Lis scared me a bit about the birth, saying all hers were really painful. I sensed a bit of scorn at my plan to have a natural birth - I just hope I can get through it ok. I hope D can support me and I hope I don't have any bad things happen.

Mum and B brought the crib around the other day, it is so lovely. I just don't know how to thank him. It's all set up by the bed and so everything seems quite real now. I haven't yet had anyone call and ask constantly how I am doing, not something I am looking forward to!

No comments: