Wednesday, August 25, 2010

...and my midwife visit

Went to the midwife yesterday but forgot to blog about it with all the stuff going on with SIL. It was all ok, I heard the heartbeat and my blood pressure and wee is fine. She gave me some vitamins and is sorting out a prescription for gaviscon for the heartburn, The only odd thing is that she says I am measuring 29 weeks when really I am just over 24. This means that the baby may be bigger than expected or that I have a lot of fluid. I knew I was looking big and everyone was just being kind when they say I'm not. I have to go back in 2 weeks and be measured again and if the measurement is still big will have to go for a dating scan.

One thing which really concerns me is that they are already measuring me a week ahead and so this means they will consider me overdue when really I am not. I know exactly when I conceived because of the IVF but have consistantly measured a week ahead . The hospital would say I am over 25 weeks. Hrmph. If they think I am more overdue than I really am then they might push to induce me whichI really don't want to happen and am going to resist as much as I can because inducement can lead to other interventions.

I am thinking of doing a bit of research into a home birth because I wonder if it might be an option.

No comments: