Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Busy Week

We have the Midwife on Thursday and the Nuchal scan on Friday, all paid for. I am a bit scared about both. What if the Midwife thinks we are a couple of tramps who live in a shack and don't deserve to have a child, what if I don't like her much, what if the scan is bad news? I had terrible dreams last night, or at least I did when I was actually managing to sleep. I had a dream that I was smoking and saying 'ah but just one won't hurt' and that we went to the scan only to discover there was no baby. I suppose anxiety is normal at this time.

On Wed/Thurs I will be 12 weeks exactly and I have gone down to just one pessary a day now. Oh and D and I finally had sex! We'd not done it since before the IVF; he had to abstain a couple of days before and then they told us not to, then I was too scared, then we both were too tired. So it's been more than 2 months since we last did it! Quite a change considering that we'd been at it all the time for about 2 and half years in our fruitless attempts to have a child naturally.

No comments: