Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What was I saying about negativity?

So today I had a call from the Health Commission in Wales. Only I missed the call because of the no signal issue in the office. Luckily for me I had made a mistake with a package and had to go and get it back from the postroom and so got a signal and saw the voicemail. Basically it was someone calling to let me know that the IVF funding is only going to be granted if I have the treatment before I am 40! Poses a little problem for me as my planning appointment is (Was) on 2nd March and my 40th Birthday is on April 4th. I may sound calm about it now but I freaked out. Raced out of the room, called D, called my mum. Anyway - I have spoken to both the Health Commission and IVF Wales and it looks like there is some flexibility. I am having my treatment planning on 28th January now so need to get mega healthy in that time if I can, by eating the right things and being good about alcohol!

I am so annoyed with IVF Wales AND the health commission though. Someone should have told me this earlier. Either the Health commission should have sent me a copy of the letter in December when the Appeal was granted of IVF Wales should have contacted me when they received the letter! Someone somewhere seems to have it in for me. I need to complain but I don't know who to. All I know is that had I not written to the health commission people as well as emailing them, then no one would have seen how tight the times were and no one would have contacted me! I am so grateful to the person who did spot it.

I need to be positive but I am waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

No comments: